Proxy Online Access Information
Proxy access enables a user who is not the patient to apply for online access to another patient’s medical record using the proxy's own online account. If they have capacity, the patient can also specify what information the proxy user can access, for example the proxy user could be restricted to just booking appointments or requesting repeat medications, without any access to the patient’s medical record.
Proxy access via a patient representative (e.g. parent/guardian) can be enabled for under 16s. Proxy access will be revoked once the patient reaches the age of 16, at which point the patient can then re-apply for their own access.
Proxy users not registered at this practice: A proxy user must be registered at the same surgery as the patient in order to synchronise the patient's online access account to the proxy's personal online access account. If the proxy applicant is not registered at the same surgery as the patient they will need to create a separate online access account for proxy access and cannot register the same email address to that of any existing online access account active at another surgery.
Proxy online access allows you to view all or some of the below features:
Request repeat medications
View parts of the medical record:
- Medications; the proxy will be able to see the medications the patient is currently taking. If you want to request any repeat medication you will be able to do so from this screen. There is also a link to Patient.co.uk which has further information about your medication.
- Allergies/Adverse reactions; what allergies the patient suffers from and what if any adverse reactions they have had (i.e. to medication).
- Immunisations; any immunisations/vaccinations we have a record of and the date the patient had them.
- Problems; this section shows the patient's current and past coded medical problems.
- Consultations; a record of the patient's recent consultations (coded data entry only, not text entries).
- Test Results; test results once they have been reviewed by a doctor. The proxy will see a value, a range and a comment that has been added by the doctor.
- Values; other values such as the patient's height, weight and blood pressure.