Looking after your health also includes looking after the environment we live in. Pembroke Road Surgery are making changes to become more environmentally and socially sustainable through the Green Impact Programme.
By making these improvements we can help reduce our carbon footprint and improve the health and wellbeing of both our patients and staff.
Some key areas for implementation in the Green Impact Toolkit include:
- Reducing prescribing
- Improving our energy efficiency
- Sourcing food and drink responsibly and avoiding use of plastic where possible
- Reducing waste and increasing recycling
- Promoting sustainable transport for patients and staff
- Purchasing sustainably (e.g. rechargeable batteries, recycled paper)
- Reducing our use of paper
This section will be updated as we progress through the goals outlined in the Green Impact Toolkit. Please take a moment to read the pages below to find out what we have done so far and what you can do to help.